Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help RAA. We welcome volunteers of all ages. Most of our volunteers are over the age of 18; however, individuals under the age of 18 may volunteer, if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
There are many ways to volunteer, from hands on work with our various projects to administrative tasks and advocacy.
Some of our most popular volunteer activities include:
- Assisting with community engagement, events, and hanging posters
- Helping set up the bi-monthly Pet Food Pantry and distribute food
- Spreading the word on social media
- Helping to distribute straw and dog houses
- Building feral cat houses
- Collecting food donations
- Grant writing
- Providing dog and cat transport for area rescue groups
- Reviewing spay/neuter applications
- Helping to organize a dog park
- more to come…
Benefits of Volunteering
Through their work, volunteers not only become familiar with the RAA mission, but grow into knowledgeable animal advocates within the community. The RAA board of directors is committed to helping volunteers learn and grow by answering questions and demonstrating special skills. In addition, RAA hopes to eventually offer formal learning opportunities such as basic dog training classes, enrichment skills, and safe cat handling. Volunteers are also invited to send us their ideas for events, projects, and ways to help positively impact our community.
For more information, please email email@example.com or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RockbridgeAnimalAlliance and send us a message.